BEST STICKER MAKER MACHINE
Buying a good quality sticker maker machine can often be a very good investment. Customised stickers can go a long way when it comes to things like branding of products for example. And making your own stickers is also a lot more cost effective than paying someone to do it for you.
If you were to rely on cheap sticker paper passed through a standard printer they all come out in the same old rectangular shape, they’re not robust enough for outdoor use like bumper stickers, and if you want them in colour you could end up using a hell of a lot of ink.
A dedicated sticker machine is the perfect solution, and we’ve worked to ensure that choosing your sticker maker machine is as easy as a walk in the park. We’ve handpicked our Top 5 sticker maker machines out on the market today, and a product review on each is coming up shortly.
And if you still can’t make your mind up after that, we’ve got a handy buying guide, which comes complete with answers to your most frequently asked questions.
IN A HURRY? THIS IS OUR WINNER!
- CREATE MORE: The Cricut Explore Air 2 is your personal DIY cutting machine. It will flawlessly cut over 100+ different types of materials including premium vinyl, iron on and htv vinyl, cardstock, faux leather, adhesive foils, specialty paper, poster board and more
- ENDLESS PROJECT POSSIBILITIES: The Cricut Explore Air 2 makes it so easy to create a wide arrange of DIY projects. Make custom stickers, personalized home décor, home-made gifts and party favors, unique greeting cards, custom designed apparel, and more
- INCLUDED WITH MACHINE: Each machine includes a Cricut Premium Fine Point Blade and Housing, a Cricut 12 inch x12 inch Light Grip Adhesive Cutting Mat (perfect for vinyl and htv projects), a Cricut Black Fine Point Pen, access to Cricut's design software Design Space, and a 2 week free trial to Cricut Access
- DESIGN FOR FREE: Upload or create and design your own images for free from your computer, tablet or mobile phone using Cricut's free design software design space. Enhance your design space experience by subscribing to Cricut Access, Cricut's vast library of over 100,000 images, fonts, and make it now projects and designs
- BECOME A PART OF A COMMUNITY: We know it can be intimidating to start creating your first DIY projects, so don’t do it alone. When you buy a Cricut you become part of a close-knit community of crafters, makers and DIYers. There are dozens of groups across all social media platforms that allow our members to share tips, ask for help and share their projects and inspiration with an amazing community
BEST STICKER MAKER MACHINE – COMPARISON TABLE
BEST STICKER MAKER MACHINE – REVIEWS
If you have sufficient budget ($200) this would be a great little machine to go for! It’s flying off the shelves at Amazon, and even after well over 4000 customer ratings, the average customer rating still comes out at a whopping 4 and a half stars out of 5!
A Cricut, such as this one, is technically a die cutting machine, and is one of the more well known die cut machines on the market. It functions great as a sticker maker machine, but can do a heck of a lot more besides. Despite its outstanding functionality however, it’s suitable for beginners too. It’s so user friendly.
There’s a bunch of reasons why it makes a good sticker maker machine. It comes complete with some easy-to-learn design software, namely Design Space. It helps you to create your own designs and upload your own pictures and photos, giving you not only the means to cut your stickers to shape, but to modify and adapt the design of your stickers if you so wish.
If you need a little inspiration for your stickers, Design Space features a library of cool ideas.
When you’ve got your design exactly as you want it, you can save it to the cloud from any device, so it’s always there ready for next time. Although it can be operated via Bluetooth, there’s also a USB cord if you wanted to hook it up directly to your PC/Mac.
Being a Cricut, not only will the machine allow you to make paper stickers, but you can also make vinyl ones too, perfect for any outdoor stickers you have in mind!
When you’re ready to go beyond sticker making, you’ll find that the machine can cut through lots of different materials, and it’s great for things like papercraft, making greeting cards, and scrapbooking
If you decide to go for this one, we recommend that you request the Getting Started Guide. It can be emailed out to you and features some fab little tutorials and projects to get you started with your first few projects!
The other thing to remember is that you will have to purchase sticker paper separately, but don’t worry they’ve got on Amazon.
- Comes from a well established brand
- Flying off the shelves, big hit with customers
- Suitable for beginners, super user friendly
- Make indoor or outdoor stickers
- Free easy-to-learn design software
- Create your own designs
- Upload your own pictures / photos
- Library of cool ideas
- Save designs to the cloud
- Access designs & Cricut from any device
- Great for papercraft and scrapbooking
- There’s a Getting Started Guide with projects
- Premium product at a premium price
- Have to purchase sticker paper separately
Although you can use this as an office product, this machine was designed with more creative projects in mind.
You can tell that from the width alone, coming in at a very wide 9 inches. This is perfect for large labels, handmade greeting cards, scrapbooking or even making small posters or flashcards for study. All without that sticky scrapbooking mess you get with regular glue, or double sided sticky tape.
The resulting stickers are consistently sleek and professional.
And it doesn’t just make stickers – depending on what refill you place inside, you can use the machine for laminating, or for making customised magnets! The laminate and magnet refills are available for sale separately.
Imagine the possibilities! The certificates you can protect forever with a little laminate or the keepsakes you could make by simply attaching a photo to a magnet backing.
But you won’t need to buy any refills straight away – it comes pre-loaded with a 25 foot by 9 inch adhesive cartridge.
If you’re afraid of the wastage you’d get with a 9 inch wide sticker maker machine, you needn’t be – the 9 inch cartridges of adhesive (or whatever you’re using) can be replaced with 5 inch cartridges, where it will suffice.
Despite it being amongst the largest sticker maker machines in Xyron’s range it actually packs away really compactly for easy, convenient storage.
It’s funny how a machine that can do so much can be so simple to use, all you have to do is feed your project through the special tray, turn the handle, and just like that you’re ready to trim your project with the built in cut bar on the other side.
And at this price you can’t go wrong – what an absolute bargain! And just look at the customer reaction on the Amazon page, way way more 5 star ratings than anything else!
- Customers love this machine
- Incredibly good price
- Designed with more creative projects in mind
- A very wide 9 inches big
- Stickers are consistently sleek and professional
- Can also use the machine for laminating
- Can also use the machine for making magnets
- Comes pre-loaded with an adhesive cartridge
- Really compact for easy, convenient storage
- Very simple to use
- We wish it came preloaded with more adhesive
With over 1000 ratings from Amazon customers, this baby comes in with an average customer rating of a staggering 4 and a half stars out of 5!
And it comes from Xyron, one of the most well established brands in the business.
For a sticker machine it’s quite large, with a width of 5 whole inches. But that doesn’t mean you end up wasting your materials if you want smaller stickers – you can simply switch to a smaller 3 inch cartridge instead of 5 inch.
It’s so simple to use, you just have to place your die through the one side, crank the handle, and your sticker comes out the other side. The machine applies an even edge to edge layer of adhesive and it dries instantly ready for use.
And it’s not just designed for making stickers – you can do loads of other things too, like make fridge magnets, or laminate your creative projects – the possibilities are endless!
To change the function of the machine all you have to do is simply flip open the lid and swap the cartridge over to the one you want.
The unit comes pre-loaded with a 5-inch wide permanent adhesive cartridge. The refillable cartridges are a good 18 inches long (not wide). And these are available in: permanent adhesive, repositionable adhesive, two sided adhesive, laminate on one side and adhesive on the other, or laminate on one side and magnet on the other.
We’re going to level with you here, it does cost a pretty penny. However the quality is second to none, and we feel it’s well worth the money.
- Customer rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5
- Good well established brand
- Make stickers up to 5 inches on the shortest side
- Minimal wastage
- Simple to use
- Make fridge magnets
- Laminate your creative projects
- Easy to change the function
- Pre-loaded with a 5-inch wide adhesive
- Refills are readily available on Amazon
- Well worth the money
- Premium product at a premium price
After receiving over 1500 customer ratings, this baby averages out at a whopping 4 stars out of 5 – customers love it!
And why wouldn’t they? It comes from one of the biggest names in the business, Xyron.
Designed solely for making stickers, this machine is totally fuss free!
As it’s manually operated, there’s no warm up time to worry about, you simply place your die on one side of the machine, turn the dial, and it comes out the other side with adhesive on the underside, which is ready for use straight away. Then simply tear and peel. It’s that simple – totally effortless.
Using this machine makes real light work of making images sticky – there’s no computer program to worry about, or messy, toxic glue. Super straightforward. And you get super sleek results too.
The machine is a nice wide 5 inches, so it can handle larger stickers too, not just your name tags.
It comes pre-loaded with 10 feet of acid-free, permanent adhesive.
And when that runs out, simply pop online and order some more. On Amazon you can buy the compatible rolls of permanent adhesive, or you can buy compatible rolls that allow you to reposition your die once set down, if you weren’t happy with the orientation at first.
Ok, so there are several cheaper sticker maker machines on the market – however it’s Xyron quality is second to none – you’re paying for the best.
- One of Amazon’s best sellers
- Customers love it, giving it 4 stars out of 5
- Quality product from a good quality brand
- Totally fuss free
- Easy to use
- No warm up time
- No software to worry about
- No messy toxic glue
- Super sleek results
- 5 inches wide to accommodate large stickers
- Comes pre-loaded with 10 feet of adhesive
- Permanent and repositionable refills available on Amazon
- Can only be used for making stickers, no other crafting possibilities
This is quite the nifty little machine from Brother!
It’s basically a colour printer for labels and stickers, but uses ZINK Zero Ink Technology to do all your sticker and label printing without needing any messy ink. No toners to worry about either, or smudging. The stickers are water and tear resistant too.
You can connect it over WiFi to your smartphone or tablet, and print out any design you have stored as a sticker or label. It’s compatible with Apple devices, Android and Windows, so it’s got you covered.
You also get access to a super handy label editor app. It has thousands of ready to use designs, including frames, fonts, and backgrounds. This provides really good guidelines and inspiration if you haven’t got your finished sticker design clear in your mind just yet.
Although it’s described as a label editor, you can print off any design and turn it into a sticker, even photos, which makes it great for scrapbooking. And it makes great party favours too.
Replacement rolls are available on Amazon.
You’re protected with a full year’s warranty, and you get free technical support to boot.
- Print colored stickers and labels
- Compatible with Apple devices, Android and Windows
- No ink cartridges or toners
- Stickers don’t smudge
- Stickers are water and tear resistant
- Label editor app, with thousands of ready to use designs
- Replacement rolls are available on Amazon
- 1 year warranty
- Free technical support
- There are a few negative ratings on the Amazon page, but the positive reviews far outweigh the negatives
BEST STICKER MAKER MACHINE – BUYERS GUIDE
There are a few things you might like to think about before buying your sticker maker machine. Let’s go through them now.
Which sticker maker machine is best for you depends very much on what kind of projects you intend to use it for. Most sticker maker machines can produce stickers which will easily stick to cardstock, paper, and foil.
If you want your stickers to last outdoors however, you’re going to need to use something stronger, like vinyl, and then this will have to be laminated to waterproof it and increase it’s lifespan generally.
If you want steadfast colors and longevity in your stickers you may well need to go down the route of vinyl.
If you’re specifically looking for a sticker maker machine that will make vinyl stickers for you, then we can strongly recommend our Number 1, product, the Cricut Explore Air 2.
TYPE OF MACHINE
There are different types of machines that can be used for sticker making. The simplest of which is one whereby the machine adds an adhesive backing to your pre-cut and designed images onto a tape dispenser.
These are the most straightforward to use. They are manually operated and have cartridges that are easy to replace which simply snap into place.
The other type are most commonly referred to as die-cutting machines. These are not merely sticker machines but are a whole arts & crafts system with a wide array of functions and are particularly popular with card making hobbyists.
If you specifically wanted to make vinyl stickers, then this is the type of machine that you’d need to go for. They’re decidedly more sophisticated than their counterparts, often coming with special software, and this increase in sophistication is, unfortunately, reflected in their price.
AVAILABILITY OF SUPPLIES
Whichever machine you choose to for, in order to get your money’s worth out of it, you will want a regular supply of the materials required for your stickers, be it specialised papers or adhesives, or ink.
For this reason it’s generally a good idea to go with a well established brand which has refillable materials that are frequently readily available from good suppliers (such as Amazon). Xyron would be a good example of such a brand.
Some sticker maker machines can be a little small. Which is fine if you only ever want small stickers. But if you ever wanted something bigger, you should invest in a machine with a befitting width.